Kicking Anxiety Once & For All
Are you struggling with your mental health right now?
Read this and you will get a grip on your mental health. Ultimately getting a new grip on your life.
I am going to cover the topic of anxiety because I feel like most of the world experiences anxiety in one form or another. So read a long and I will help you overcome anxiety in a few easy steps, the steps that helped me get over anxiety.
I used to experience a lot of anxiety and sadness in the past, some days were worst than others for me. There would be times where I’d be sitting in a classroom and I started to feel like my throat was getting tighter and tighter, where that lead to me having an anxiety attack. If you have ever experience an anxiety attack, its one of the the worst feelings you can have. It almost feels like you are dying. Your heart is out of your chest, you feel like your throat is closing, you feel tingly through out your body and your mind is racing.
Now I believe it is good you experience an anxiety attack at least once because now you know what they are and that they are harmless and you aren’t going to die.
Also if you haven’t experience one then the steps I layout for you, will help you prevent experiencing one.
The truth about anxiety is it is not bad or your enemy, it is actually your friend and aid to help you survive. For an example, in the past, way before the 21st Century, we used to live around wild animals, that could kill us. So without anxiety coming to our aid, we could just walk outside and get attacked by a wild animal. Without having anxiety, we could lead ourselves into some real danger and possibly into an early grave. The issue with today’s anxiety is it confused because there is no real danger anymore but we watch things on TV and on the internet that makes us feel danger, causing you to go into fight or flight mode. There is many things that contribute to people’s anxiety but I can say most of can be solved fairly easily, if you just take a step back and look at their habits and their thought patterns.
“Our brain is designed to help us survive, not to make us happy. You must make yourself happy”
Pay Attention To This Next Part….
Most of our anxiety stems from our improper breathing habits, that changed over time. Just look at a little baby, babies don’t have anxiety. If you ever seen a baby sleep, their breathing is from their stomach. If you are familiar with anxiety then you understand that you feel it from your chest. Anxiety is experienced in the body first then in the mind. So we have to change our breathing from our chest down to our belly. If you can do just this simple thing, you can conquer anxiety anytime of the day. For me, this has been a game changer.
How To Beat Anxiety Once & For All:
1. Change your breathing from your chest to your stomach or diaphragm
- This will help eliminate all the pressure from your chest
- This is a very important step
- You can apply this step right now
- When all other things fail, this will be your saving grace.
- A couple deep breaths from your stomach will get rid of your anxiety
2. Adding more vegetables and fruit to your diet. (especially things with magnesium in them, like leafy greens)
- The junk foods we eat provoke our anxiety (candy, sodas, greasy foods)
- Anything artificial we eat can contribute to your anxiousness
- Consuming high amounts of sugar is bad for anxiety
- Foods with magnesium will calm your nerves
3. Start Meditating (this is a game changer)
- This will control your nerves
- Meditating will make you calm
- Makes you less anxious when you are alone because you know whats it like to sit with yourself
- Makes things that were boring more fun and interesting
- Helps you control your anger
- Lets you reconnect with yourself and your feelings.
4. Daily Exercise
- When you don’t exercise for long periods of time, all your energy go to your head
- This will help you get out of your head and into your body
- Exercise will balance your energy
- It is good for your body and mind
- Releases Endorphins
5. Confront Your Death
- Most people’s anxiousness stems from the fear of dying
- Understand that dying is inevitable
- Once you come to terms with your mortality, your anxiousness will subside
- Its the only thing promised in life
6. Limit Your Social Media Usage (Less Than 1 hour Per Day)
- Social media creates a fear of missing out
- It causes you to self loath because lets say you are having a bad day and then you go on social media and you see everyone else having a great day, it will make you feel even worse
- Too much social media is your happiness thief, because of the constant comparing of yourself to others
- Constant comparing yourself to made up personas
- According to a study from University Of Pennsylvania published in
Journal of Social and Clinical Psychology when participants limited their social media usage down to 30 minutes a day for a three week period, at the end of the period they felt less anxiousness and little to no fear of missing out.
- There is countless studies done showing that high usage of social media contributes to their mental illness.
7. Decrease Your Intake Of Stimulant(Caffeine & Alcohol)
- Stimulants increase your heart rate
- Anxiety is when your nervous system is excited and stimulants “excite” the nervous system.
- Stimulants are more likely to trigger anxiety attacks
- You don’t naturally need stimulants
- The 8th step will help you not be dependent on stimulants to function
8. Going To Bed Early & Getting Up Early
- You will wake up feeling refreshed and naturally energized
- You won’t have the need for stimulants
- You will be more productive throughout the day
- No need for naps anymore
9. Decrease Your Television Consumption
- Too much Netflix will increase your anxiety
- But it all depends on what you are watching on TV
- The news, dramas, and scary shows and movies will increase your anxiousness and phobias
- We watch television because we want to escape our problems but when we avoid our problems, they never get solved, which increases your stress
- Too much inactivity will make all your energy go to your head.
- Television is okay just in moderation (1 hour a day or less is what I recommend)
- Just practicing gratitude everyday will change your life
- Gratitude with persistence could solve all your problems
- By just stating in the morning and throughout the day that you are thankful for the things you are grateful for, will decrease your anxiety
- Even if your life isn’t so good, you still have something to be grateful more
Now you have gotten all the keys that helped me good over anxiety, and just by practicing all 10 of these steps, you will beat anxiety for good. You shouldn’t try and do all 10 steps all at once. You should start with the first one and master that one first and then work your way down. Because “the jack of all trades is a master of none”
After you master all of these steps, you will feel like this…..