If you ever took Psych 101 in college then you probably remember the teacher showing you a diagram of an iceberg, where the conscious mind in the part that you can see above the water and the subconscious mind is the part that you can’t see below the surface. The conscious mind is only 5% of your mind and the other 95% is your subconscious mind. Your conscious mind is responsible for willpower, critical thinking, logical thinking, and short term memory. Your subconscious mind is responsible for everything else. It’s responsible for beliefs, habits, emotions, intuition, protective reactions, values, imagination, and long term memory.
So the subconscious mind is responsible for nearly everything. We rarely use our conscious mind. Do you think you are consciously brushing your teeth in the morning? Do you think you have to consciously tell yourself to grab the tooth brush, grab the toothpaste, squeeze the toothpaste onto the toothbrush and then consciously brush your teeth? No, this is all done subconsciously. It’s automatic for you.
If you want to BE anything you want, you first have to feel how that person you want to be feels. What I mean by this is, take someone who wants to be a bodybuilder. You can’t become a bodybuilder, while feeling weak right? Or someone who is successful, more than likely feels successful even though they are always hungry for more.
How Do I Feel The Way I Want Before I Actually Become That?
Through visualization you will feel as though you are already that person before you become that. I got this powerful method from the book Psycho-Cybernetics. The author Matt says that every morning, to become what you want, you must take at least 30 minutes and close your eyes and see yourself as the person you want to become. This trains your subconscious mind to feel as though you are already that person. Your subconscious mind doesn’t know the difference between what’s real and what’s not real.
How Does The Subconscious Mind Effect Our Emotions?
A lot of the time we feel a negative emotion because we are consuming negative content. If you don’t believe me, then go watch the news for 3 hours and when you are done, ask yourself how you feel. Another way to test this, is to watch a horror movie and after the movie, ask yourself how you feel. I bet both of your answers are negative ones. These things you are watching aren’t making you feel happy. It’s making you feel scared, depressed, and anxious. You are watching negative things and wondering why you are feeling these bad emotions. Even the music you are listening to, it’s negative and is affecting your emotions. To test this, find a tropical reggae song and play it and after the song is over ask yourself how you feel. I bet you feel slightly better than before playing the song.
YOU AREN’T JUST EATING WITH YOUR MOUTH. YOU ARE ALSO EATING THROUGH YOUR EYES AND EARS. So quit feeding your subconscious mind negative things. This feeds your emotions.
So what you consume electronically is affecting your emotions on all levels.
Your subconscious mind is responsible for all your success and all your failures
This goes back to our childhood. From birth we have been in a state of hypnosis. If you were born in a rich family then you were programmed to be rich when you get older. This doesn’t even mean inheriting your families’s money. This means you were just programmed to be rich. Surrounded by rich programming. Your subconscious mind has been programmed to attract riches. That is why you don’t see that many people come from a poor family and make it rich. They do the same was their family or just a little bit better. This is because of the programming. Your family only knows poor or rich, so they program you to what they know. It’s not their fault, it’s all they know. It is your responsibility to take control of your life. You are accountable to reprogram yourself for the life you want, not the life your parents are programming you for.
Your subconscious mind is either helping you work towards your goals or pushing you away from your goals. Your subconscious mind doesn’t rationalize, reason, or think. It does whatever you feed it. If you feed it success, your life will become successful. If you feed it failure, your life will be a fail. If you feed it fear, you will feel fear. If you feed it sadness, you will feel sad.
The subconscious mind consumes through your eyes and your ears.
Now, what I mean by this is take guy for an example. I don’t remember his name but before he became a millionaire, he was working at a minimum wage job at a video store. Everyday on his break he would read auto-trader magazines of cars that were Porsches. He would look at the exact car he wanted, on every single break he had at work. His boss came in one day and said to him: “Why are you looking at those cars? You are only hurting yourself because you will never have that.” Then through the working of his subconscious mind, and visualization and imagining himself driving that car. He ended up driving back to that same job in the Porsche he dreamed of owning and his coworkers were like: “Is that your dad’s car?” He then peeled off in his new Porsche. No matter what, people will always try to program you and hypnotize you so you don’t become successful and stay at a low level in life.
Anyone can be and have what they want. You just have to program yourself everyday to become and have what you want.
ACTIONS TO TAKE:
1.Create the person to you want to be in your head through meditation and act the part
2. Brainwash yourself, by putting up pictures of what you want on your walls. Looking at the house you want, the car you want, the person you want to marry.
3. Create a vision-board of affirmations and of everything that inspires you, and motivates you.
4. Practice affirmations daily. (“I am ______________” Fill the blank with whatever you want to become) Act as if you are already this type of person.
5. Detox your negative media usage. Get rid of negative movies, TV shows, and unfollow people on social media who are negative. This will help you feel positive and prevail you to what you want.
6. Replace negative self talk with positive self talk. Do this by wearing a rubber band on your wrist and every time you talk to yourself negative, or have a self-limiting belief, hit yourself with the rubber band. (If you talk to your friends the way you talk to yourself, you would have no friends.)
7. Use Autosuggestion(it’s a type of self-hypnosis, adoption of an idea that one has originated oneself. Through repeating of out loud statements to yourself in order to change behavior.) An example of this is: “By the first of May 2022, I will have in my bank account 10 million dollars in different amounts by May 2022. In return of the money, I will give the most outstanding service, that I am capable of. In self help, coaching, teaching, consulting, and online businesses. I believe I have this money in my possession. I am waiting on a plan to get this money in possession. My faith is so strong that I have this money in my bank account, that I can already can see it.” (You can replace the date with whatever date you want, and the money with whatever you want.)
8. Visualize everyday the life you want have. Visualize every detail of your ideal life, all the way down to furniture in your house, even the smell of your house. Visualize your whole day in the life you want to have.
By doing these 8 actions, you will get hunches or ideas on ways to get the life you want. Don’t wait, take action on these hunches. This is the path to the life you want, because nothing comes to you for nothing. Nothing comes to you without action. Nothing will appear in your lap, so you must act on these ideas.