THIS IS A LIFE HACK.
Intermittent fasting is the most effective life hack when it comes to improving your health, preventing and reversing illness and diseases. It will even help you save money while improving your health. Who doesn’t want that?
I was kind of ignorant when it came to fasting. I always thought it was some type of spiritual practice that cultures did a few times a year. Although this is true but there is so many benefits to fasting for anyone who practices this. Now what I’m going to suggest in this article is different than what you may have preconceived about fasting. Also I’m going to give you a hack to the hack to simplify your life and reduce the stress.
Before I started practice intermittent fasting, I always thought that if I went more than four hours without food I would get sick and pass out or I would get a headache. Now my fears were only from my imagination and these fears never came to fruition. I was so unaware of the endless benefits from intermittent fasting. Also I was unaware of what intermittent fasting was and how to practice it the most effective way. This article is going to open your eyes to intermittent fasting and you will know more than most after reading.
What Is Intermittent Fasting?
Intermittent Fasting is having an 8 hour window of all your food intake, then a 16 hour window of no food.
Most nutritionists who have studied intermittent fasting will tell you just to skip breakfast. Everyone fasts in their sleep. So your first meal is at 12pm instead of at 8 or 9am. Normally people will stop eating at 8pm which to me is too late but from 8pm to 12pm the following day is a 16 hour fast. That is what most nutritionists will tell you how to practice intermittent fasting.
The Hack To The Hack
What I suggest is that you eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Where your last meal is between 5-6pm. My last meal is normally at 3:30pm everyday but this is a process you have to master. Most people get off work between 4pm and 5pm so it’s the perfect schedule to practice fasting. Your next meal should be at 9am. I normally suggest keeping your breakfast light, since most people don’t like eating breakfast to begin with, so stick with fruit. It’s light on your digestive system and it will help you ease your way out of the fast.
Why Should You Stop Eating at 5pm?
This is simply science, if you eat before you go to bed, your body is going to spend most of the night breaking down the foods you just ate. Now your body can’t repair your cells, fight diseases, repair and make stronger different parts of the body. This is under the hood, so you might not notice this until you get sick. What you will notice on the surface is that you will wake up tired. The whole point of going to sleep is to recharge your battery. You may have gotten sleep but you didn’t get rest. Rest and sleep are different. You may have gotten 8 to 10 hours of sleep but you woke up tired. That is because your battery can’t recharge because it was using the battery to breakdown the food you just ate before bed.
I make it a rule of thumb to not eat a minimum of 4 hours before going to bed.
What Is The Point Of Intermittent Fasting?
The point of intermittent fasting is to give the digestive system a break. The body wakes up in the morning and has enough energy run over 2 marathons. The body is not going to able to do this because most of the energy is being used by the digestive system to break down food.
What Happens When You Give Your Digestive System A Rest?
Instead of the energy going to the digestive system, it gets use around the entire body to repair cells, fight and prevent diseases. This could even help your body reverse allergies and illnesses. It also has been proven that fasting cures type 2 diabetes, due to the reduce in insulin resistance. Also it will repair muscles quicker, so you will grow muscle while fasting.
The number 1 cause of death, disease, and illness is our DIET. And most people have the luxury to eat in excess. If you are reading this article right now, you have the luxury to eat in excess. I always thought that if you want to be healthy then you must eat more. My parents have been saying this my my entire childhood. My parents and I were wrong. If you want to be more healthy then you must eat less. Now I don’t mean cut your calories, I mean eat less by pushing all your meals into an 8 hour window. Give your body 16 hours to recover and repair itself. You will won’t get sick from fasting. You will only get sick from eating too much.
Look at a homeless person, do you think they are going to the hospital because they are sick? No they are not because they don’t get sick. They don’t have the luxury to eat in excess, that is why they don’t get sick. Homeless people probably only eat one meal a day if that, and they don’t get sick. We develop diseases and illness because we have the luxury to eat in excess.
Why Don’t People Promote Intermittent Fasting More Since It’s So Healthy?
There is no money in promoting intermittent fasting. The only thing someone could sell you is a meal schedule and plan. Then you have things like the Keto diet where they can sell products, supplements, foods and even keto infused coffee. There is a lot of money to be made in the keto diet, rather than promoting intermittent fasting. There is basically no money in promoting fasting, that’s why it’s not really main stream. Intermittent fasting I say has the most benefits. Intermittent fasting is not a diet, it’s simply a eating schedule.
What Does Fasting Feel Like For The First Time And What Is To Be Expected?
If this is your first time trying intermittent fasting then it’s gonna be a physical battle first. Because depending on your diet beforehand someone will experience headaches due to their body getting rid of the toxins from the foods you previously ate. I know when I ate bad food because when I’m fasting I’ll experience headaches. Once your body gets rid of the toxins the headache subsides.
What Should I Expect To Feel After The Toxins Are Removed?
You should expect to feel a boost of energy in the body and in the brain. You will be able to think much more clear. You will even feel an increase of ability to focus for long period of time. This is called entering a flow state.
Now what everyone has been waiting for…….the benefits!
Benefits Of Intermittent Fasting:
10. Reverses Type 2 Diabetes.
- When you eat your insulin spikes, and when you don’t eat your insulin is not being spiked. When there is a spike in insulin too often hence eating every 2 to 3 hours will result in your body not being able to absorb insulin as effective anymore. This is called insulin resistance which is type 2 diabetes.
9. Cleaning And Repair Of Cells.
- Intermittent fasting increases something called autophagy, which is a detox of the cells. This causes your cells to clean out itself and get rid of waste. This will also help you grow more cells.
8. Helps Protect Against Cancer.
- According to The American Journal Of Clincial Nutrition, fasting reduces the development of lymphoma, limiting the survival of tumors, and slowing the spread of cancer cells
7. Boost In Your Brain Function.
- Intermittent fasting can strengthen the connections in the brain’s hippocampus(memory center) and also protect against amyloid plaques, which is what causes Alzheimer’s. To keep it more simple, it can help you think more clear due to the increase of available energy to go to the brain.
6. Reduces Inflammation.
- Inflammation is good for the body to help fight diseases but too much inflammation can cause serious diseases. Most peoples bodies are too inflamed. Intermittent fasting reduced the release of pro-inflammatory cells called “monocytes” in blood circulation. These cells go into “rest mode”. Too much of monocytes will increase your bodies inflammation.
5. Decrease In Blood Pressure.
- High blood pressure is very common in today’s society due to diet and lifestyle. Blood pressure is something you don’t want to mess up, figuring if your blood pressure gets too high, it can lead to stroke, heart and kidney disease, hence the next benefit. Blood pressure ties in with diabetes and cholesterol as well. So if you blood pressure is high then your risk for these diseases skyrocket.
4. Decrease In Cardiovascular Problems.
- Insulin plays an important role in heart health. When your insulin is high too often due to eating food high fats and sugars, it puts you in danger of heart failure. Studies have shown that a person with type 2 diabetes are 3 times more likely to die from heart disease than a person without. When your body can absorb insulin correctly, then you reduce the risk of heart problems.
3. Increase In The Ability To Live Longer.
- Your body fights diseases and illnesses more effective when it’s not breaking down food. When your body can’t fight diseases and illness then you put the longevity of your life at risk. It also allows your body to fight age-related diseases.
2. Increase In Mental And Physical Energy.
- When all the energy you have to use on daily basis gets used by your digestive system, that limits your available energy to use for your brain and body. So when you free up this energy from your digestive system, you allow it be used for your mental and physical needs at full capacity.
- Intermittent fasting provides a shortcut to fat burning, causing the body to burn fat instead of glucose for energy. It also speeds up your metabolism to burn more fat. Fasting also increases your levels of adrenaline and noradrenaline, hormones that help your body free up more stored energy (that’s your body fat) during a fast. 
Intermittent fasting is the shortcut to weight loss and more importantly burning fat. It will help you lose stomach fat.
Intermittent fasting is the quick fix magic pill you been looking for.
When fasting, the human growth hormone (HGH) skyrockets, resulting in fat loss and muscle gain. I know some people are skeptical on fasting because they want to gain muscle, but fasting cause you to not lose muscle, in fact you will gain more muscle.
Also when fasting your nervous system sends norepinephrine down to your fat cells causing them to break down body fat that can be burned for energy. To maintain energy, fatty acids increases over 300%, as the body switches to fat burning.
Intermittent fasting is something I practice on a daily basis and it has totally transformed my mind and body. So try it today and see how your life will change for the better.
Thanks for reading. 🙂
Get Our First Published Book The Paradise Within By The Author Mike Satira
Get Some Wolf Wisdom Empire Merchandise
Follow Us On Instagram